Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Selfish people... Aren't we all a bit like them?

Hey,
today was quite a hard day at school... Basically because it's Tuesday and we have classes until 6 p.m. and after that we still have to study. Anyway, I could say that I'm quite "lucky" because I only have one exam tomorrow, Maths, while other people have two or three. So I really can't complain ;-)
But I actually wanted to write you some other things which have nothing to do with school. I'm seeing every day more how people are getting more and more selfish, and how people prefer thinking and talking about theirselves instead of worrying about other people or things. Well, on the one hand this is good because in the present society you almost NEED to be quite selfish to be successful, but on the other hand we have to say that there is one clear limit. Being only worried about yourself can mostly be very bad, because people notice this very soon. Someone who always wants to be the centre of the world is normally not really liked by others. Well, I think everyone of us knows such a person and many of us are also a bit like them. Of course there are moments in life when you really need to think about yourself and about YOUR life and trying to focus only on your own problems, but if you do this all the time it can be quite bad. On the other hand, if you don't ever think about yourself , and only about others, it's nearly as bad as what I've commented before. I think this is a little my case... even if I hope that it's not SO bad yet. My basic problem is that I prefer to think about others than about myself, this means that I do what I can to make people happy, even if this means that I have to do something that I don't like, or that makes me unhappy. I don't understand where this way of thinking can come from, but I've noticed more than once that it can be a seriuos problem, even if at first sight it seems a very positive thing...
Anyway, I gotta leave you.
See you my dears!
xxx

No comments: